Derek Zeyl | Senior Pastor - email@example.com
As Senior Pastor, Derek preaches and leads worship at a majority of our worship gatherings, leads the ministry staff, and encourages everyone at Pleasant Street to passionately live out God’s transforming story.
Fast Facts about Derek...
- Born: August 8 (Hamilton, ON, Canada)
- Places Lived: Ontario (Niagara region), Michigan, California
- Education: Calvin College (B.A. Psychology & Philosophy), Ashland Theological Seminary (M.Div. Counseling), Calvin Theological Seminary (Pastoral studies), Biblical Theological Seminary (D.Min. Missional Leadership--in process)
- Job Experiences: church planter, youth pastor, med tech, psychiatric aide, student volunteer coordinator, lumberyard gopher, farm worker
- Favorite Things: family, hockey, football, sandy beaches, guitars, movies, music, sailboats, motorcycles & California wine--anything red!
- Honors & Awards: Eta Beta Rho (National Hebrew Honor Society)
- Also Found @: #zeylstyle
Howard De Vries | Congregational Life - firstname.lastname@example.org
As Pastor of Congregational Life, Howard provides pastoral and professional leadership to Pleasant Street's care ministries, and visits those hospitalized and those shut in their homes/nursing homes. He leads Divorce Care, Fresh Start, Changes that Heal and Celebrate Recovery ministries and supports the work of GriefShare and the Shepherding Team. In addition, he provides oversight in helping people get connected to various ministries at the church.
Fast Facts about Howard...
- Born: November 16 (Whitinsville, MA!)
- Places Lived: Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, New York
- Education: Barrington College (B.A. Bible & Biology), Westminster Theological Seminary (Pastoral Studies), University of Rhode Island (Graduate studies in Botany & Ecology), Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary (M.Div. Pastoral Ministry), Small Groups Training (Gordon Conwell Theological Seminary), Member - National Association of Christian Counselors
- Job Experience: Associate Pastor, Pastor, Teaching Assistant (URI), Printing Company Office, construction worker, paperboy
- Favorite Things: My family, caring for people, classic cars--Corvettes especially, walking on the beach, hiking, driving in the country in the spring or fall, Boston sports: Red Sox, Patriots & Celtics, eating at a favorite restaurant, and anything chocolate!
- Honors: Teaching Assistantship, University of Rhode Island
Annika Bangma | Student Ministries - email@example.com
As Director of Student Ministries, Annika leads the volunteer youth ministry staff in providing vibrant youth ministry programs for our students, meets with students and parents to encourage families to look to God during the crazy time in life we call "adolescence," dreams about ways to help emerging adults continue to grow in their faith, and works with the congregation at large to aid in the adoption of God's children into the body of Christ.
Fast Facts about Annika...
- Born: January 19 (Baptized here at Pleasant Street!)
- Places Lived: Michigan, Zambia, California
- Education: Calvin College (B.S. Honors Psychology & Honors Recreation: Youth Leadership), Fuller Theological Seminary (M.S. Marriage & Family Therapy)
- Job Experiences: camp counselor, office gopher, adventure facilitator, youth ministry intern, missions intern, volleyball coach
- Favorite Things: relationships, adventure, and God's work of restoration
- Practically speaking, favorite things: family, marriage, friends, whitewater rafting, ropes courses, lions, old books, quotes, chocolate covered almonds and ice cream
- Honors & Awards: Psi Chi (National Psychology Honor Society)
Kate Martinka | Children's Ministries - firstname.lastname@example.org
As Director of Children's ministries (birth to 6th grade), Kate works with numerous volunteers--teachers, mentors, leaders--equipping them to help our children discover and grow in their identity in Christ.
Fast Facts about Kate...
- Born: January 21 (Malden, MA)
- Places lived: Washington State, various places in Massachusetts and Rhode Island
- Education: went to Framingham State and is certified as an International Wedding Planning Professional
- Job experiences: Volunteered with youth groups, Vacation Bible Schools and Sunday Schools; managed customer service departments, administrative offices, and cash offices; was the administrative assistant in a doctors' office; ran her own wedding planning business; and most recently, was the Director of Children's Ministry and the Administrative Assistant at Sacred Journey CRC in Providence.
- Favorite things: Family activities, such as going to Fairwoods, hiking at Purgatory Chasm, dinner and movie nights at home, camping, singing while her family plays music, and getting together with other families.
Sadie Perkins | Financial & Administrative Secretary - email@example.com
Sadie provides financial & administrative support to Pleasant Street’s ministry staff, parishioners, visitors, and various ministries with much grace and joy.
Fast Facts about Sadie…
- Born: She was born in England, UK.
- Places Lived: Somerset, Cheshire, Scotland, UK; Shrewsbury,Uxbridge, MA.
- Education: Bachelor of Arts in Accounting and Finance, Manchester, University, England
- Job Experiences: Sadie has worked in several churches involving homeless ministries.
- Favorite Things: Loving the Lord, my family and friends, cooking (and eating), vacations to Disney, attending church/community events, watching old movies.
- Quote: "Pain insists upon being attended to...God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our consciences, but 'shouts' in our pains. It is his megaphone to rouse a deaf world." C. S. Lewis